Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Locks of Love






My hair before I cut it
Over the summer my mom took me to the
hairdresser to get my hair cut.  Two years ago, my little sister Hannah cut her hair and donated it to an organization called Locks of Love, and last year Miriam did the same. Finally it was my turn.  Before I cut it, my hair was twelve inches long. To donate, one needs hair to be at least 10 inches or longer. Locks of Love makes wigs for children that have lost their hair. I had wanted to have a short hair cut and was glad that it also could help a child who doesn't have hair. I now have very short hair, that almost goes to my shoulders. I think I like it better this way.









Getting measured
When we came into the salon, there was a long line of many adults and children waiting to get their hair cut. Finally it was my turn. The hairdresser had me sit on a tall chair in front of the mirror. Then she  measured my hair, and put a rubber band where she wanted to cut my hair, at 10 inches. My mom took a quick photo, and then the hairdresser cut it off. I held my hair in my hands, and it felt weird holding my own hair away from my head. Meanwhile, the hairdresser did some snipping to make my hair even and pretty.

When I got home, I showed off my hair to all my siblings. They all liked it, and also now want to get their hair cut too.


 
 












Have you ever had a funny or different hair cut?


6 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    I love that you and your siblings have contributed to this worthy cause! It is such a gift to a young person who is in need. You should feel very good about your decision. I have always had short hair, so have never participated in this cause.

    You asked if I ever had a funny cut. One time when I was about seven, my mom took me to get my hair cut. The pixie cut was really poplar, so that's what I got. My hair was so short, I looked like a boy! I didn't really like my pixie cut!

    Again, well done with your Lock of Love donation!

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

      Thank you so much for leaving me such a lovely comment. I appreciate all of the wonderful and long comments you always leave on my blog.


      I can't believe they cut your hair like a boy. Did anyone at school make fun of your hair cut? How long did it take to grow back? The one good thing about a bad hair cut is that it always grows back.

      Your former student,
      Sarah

      Delete
    2. @ Sarah,

      I'm sure people did make fun of my boyish haircut! Luckily, I don't have any memories of that part.

      One funny thing about that cut was how upset my mom was about it. She kept complaining about how short it was, but when we got home...she cut a little more off! I guess she thought some areas were not quite right. You are correct, a bad hair cut is not forever!

      :-)

      Your proud former teacher,
      Mrs. Y♥llis

      Delete
  2. Dear Sarah,

    Hello it so good to be able to re visit your blog. I am so impressed just like Mrs Yollis how once again you are helping some in need. It's the best feeling ever.

    I loved all your photos!

    I do remember one time I got a really bad hair cut it was really short on the sides and long at the back. I cried for days.

    Take Sarah and all the best to your family.

    Cheers AA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what I did last summer. I cut off 8 inches. How much did you cut off. Reply on my blog.
    http://brooke4gpvedublogsorg.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarah,
    It is great that you and your sister both did something to help others. You should be very proud!
    You did a nice job with your blog and love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★