Thursday, December 6, 2012

Spending Time with Grandma

A few weeks ago, I went to my grandma's house. Each of my siblings gets to spend one day with grandma alone and today was my day. In the morning, my grandma took me to my orchestra practice. I play the violin in the junior orchestra and we practice every Saturday morning. After orchestra practice, I went to grandma's house. When I first came, we cooked schnitzel and borscht. Borscht is a kind of soup that is red because it has beets inside it. It also has other vegetables such as potatoes, cabbage and red peppers.   It was delicious.

Then we took a nice walk with their dog Elsie, and picked flowers . When we came home, we planted flowers. My grandma cut some of the bad leaves off and I made a hole in the dirt and stuck the flower inside it. I hope it will grow! When we went inside, we played  domino's. It was a very close game but I won.  

Late in the afternoon, grandpa and I took another walk with Elsie to a high school field. There was a huge hill that Elsie really wanted to climb so my grandpa let him. Elsie went racing up the hill and he pulled me all the way to the top. It was very fun. When I got home, we had to get ready to go to my cousins birthday party. My grandma made my hair in two ponytails. It looked very cute. Spending a day with grandma is interesting and fun.


Do you have someone that you like to spend a day with?

6 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    I truly loved reading this post and your special day you spent with your grandmother.

    It is a wonderful time to have that time with your grand parents and from reading your post you sure do pack a great deal of fun while spending it together.

    Grandparents are so wonderful for we can learn so much for a single visit and I am sure that is what keeps them young at heart too.

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful time and I hope you have many,many more wonderful visits.

    Cheers,
    AA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear AA,

      Thank you so much for leaving me such a lovely comment. I really enjoyed spending time with grandma.

      I just went to my grandma's house again, but this time I got to sleep over. She let me go in her bed and do my math homework. It kept me really warm because she had an electric blanket.

      Sincerely,
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. @ Sarah,

    What a lovely time spent with grandma!

    You are very fortunate that your grandma lives so close! When I was growing up, both of my grandparents lived in the midwest (Montana and North Dakota) so I rarely saw them.

    Is Borscht difficult to make? Does it come out like a broth or is it more thick like a chowder?

    Thanks for sharing and hi to grandma!

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

      Thank you so much for leaving me such a lovely comment! I can't believe you grandparents lived in Montana an North Dakota. That is very far from Los Angeles!

      Borscht is very easy to make. It is like a vegatable soup except it has beets, cabbage and potatoes. It is a type of soup so it is very liquidy. I eat borsht with a teaspoon of sour cream. It is delicious! I can make some for you to try.

      Sincerely,
      Sarah

      Delete
    2. @ Sarah,

      Thant you for your lovely comment back!

      Yes, both Montana and North Dakota are far from where we live in California. Nevertheless, we drove back to visit family almost every summer when I was growing up! We used to drive as a family in our station wagon! :-)

      I'd love to taste your borsht some time!

      :-)

      Your proud former teacher,
      Mrs. Y♥llis

      Delete
  3. Dear Sarah,

    I see you like making food with your grandma and I also want to know why do your siblings have a day alone with your grandma instead of all of you spending time with her? your whole blog is really great!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★