Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sleep Away Camp

My sister and I with one of our Counselors
This summer my sister and I went to a sleep away camp for two weeks. It was my sisters second time going to that camp and my first time. My sister liked the camp so much, that I decided to go too. I went to camp with my best friend from school, Ellie. My sister Miriam, and my friend Ellie, and I were all together in Bunk 1. There were a total of 8 girls and 3 counselors in our bunk. We slept on bunk beds and my sister and I were both on the bottom bunk. While in camp, I made a lot of new friends and one of my new best friend is Maya.  She is eleven years old and was in bunk four.  All the girls had a lot of fun together.


In our bunk
In our bunk

Girls Bunk 1















During camp, we had a schedule that we had to follow. Every morning, we had to wake up at 7:30am and get ready for breakfast. For breakfast we had cereal with either eggs, french toast or pancakes. Saturday mornings, we had the best breakfast because we had coffee cake. After breakfast, we had our morning activity. The activity that my sister and I picked was dancing. We learned so many beautiful dances. After our morning activity, we had lunch. After lunch was rest time. This was the time to write letters to our parents and rest. After rest time, we had a special project where we had a chance to try all the activities such as horseback riding, rock climbing, art, singing, and many others. For our afternoon activity, Miriam and I chose ropes course.  I made it all the way to the very top of the alpine tower.   After our afternoon activity, we had free time where we could go swimming or just spend time with friends. During this time, we got popsicle's every day.  After free time,  we went back to our bunks to shower and get ready for dancing and dinner. On Saturday after dinner, we had a talent show. For the talent show the whole camp has to come to the campfire, and a lot of people would perform in front of the camp. My sister and I played Sunrise Sunset. My sister played the piano and I played the violin. The second Saturday,  we did a dance with our dance group. We always had a full day of activites and were happily tired.


From the top of the library

One day, we went on a four mile hike to a library. We had to bring our flash lights and make sure we had on our tennis shoes. When everybody got to the library, we had to color a picture of our self and write something that we do well. When it got dark, we saw a beautiful sunset. Then it was time to go back down the hill using our flash lights.

Camp was so much fun!






Beautiful sunset

















Have you gone to any camps this Summer?

Did you have fun?

Do you want to go again?

9 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    It looks like you and your sister had lots of fun at camp! Do you want to go again next year? What was your favorite activity at camp? I am glad to hear you had fun!
    Love,
    Luba♥:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,

    Wow what a wonderful post about your sleep away camp.

    You sure do heaps of wonderful fun activities at these camps.
    I think they are a wonderful thing to do during your summer holidays.

    I have never been to a sleep camp before but I have been to a school camp a long time ago and that was fun.

    What did you enjoy the most while you were on camp Sarha?

    From your blogging pal,
    AA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sarah,
    I like your blog and you write very well.
    You had a lot of fun in the camp, learned new things and made new friends.
    Do you keep in touch with your friends?
    The pictures are beautiful and you look very happy.
    Love you,
    Grandma Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you and Miriam had so much fun at camp! My favorite activity was the dancing and the horseback riding. I also loved the arts & crafts. When I went to camp there, they didn't have the ropes course so that must be new. Did you feel homesick? Would you go back again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah,
    Excellent post.

    In Australia we have girl guides camp but I have never done girl guides before.

    Sorry I can not answer your questions.

    But I would love to go camping one day.

    I like the photos you took.

    I wonder if Romeo missed you and your sister.

    From your pal,
    Bianca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sarah,

    Excellent post! I agree camp was a lot of fun. I hope that I will get to go again next year, but this year I want to go for 3 weeks.

    Do you want to go for 3 weeks next summer?


    Love you,
    ♥Miriam♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Luba,

    I am very glad that you commented on my blog. I haved two favorite activities. My first favorite activity was the ropes course, and my second activity was the dancing. I do want to go back next year.

    love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. @AA

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I enjoyed three things. The first thing I enjoyed was the ropes course, the second thing that we did was dancing, and the third activity I liked was when our counselors read a story to us every night.

    From,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. @AA

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I enjoyed three things. The first thing I enjoyed was the ropes course, the second thing that we did was dancing, and the third activity I liked was when our counselors read a story to us every night.

    From,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★